The movies on this list are ranked according to their success (awards & nominations), their popularity, and their true greatness from a directing/writing standpoint. To me, accuracy when making a Top 10/Top 100 all time list is extremely important. My lists are not based on my own personal favorites; they are based on the true greatness and/or success of the person, place, or thing being ranked. My lists are also based on the opinions of experienced professionals who are involved in whatever I am ranking. For example, many professional and/or famous actors, directors, writers, and producers believe that "The Godfather" is the #1 movie of all time. Their opinions, along with the film's success (awards & nominations), and its true greatness from a directing/writing standpoint, is why I ranked "The Godfather" at #1. If you guys would like to view my other Top 10/Top 100 lists, feel free to check out my YouTube page and/or my IMDb page at "ChrisWalczyk55."

Over the past year, this list has boomed in the Google search engine, and is widely considered the most viable and most influential "top 100 movies" list on the web. At the same time, this list has triggered a significant amount of controversy regarding the movies that I selected. First off, please understand that Oscars and Oscar nominations are only a small factor that I use to rank each movie on this list. More importantly, the movies on this list are ranked according to their lasting popularity, and their true greatness from a direct- ing/writing standpoint. Second of all, I understand that some of the most popular and most widely liked movie were made over the past 20 to 30 years, and are mainly based in the Action, Adventure and/or Comedy genre. What the viewers of this list have to understand is that the majority of professional and/or famous actors, directors, writers, and producers know and understand that the greatest movies of all time were made during the early to mid-1900s. Action and Comedy movies are very entertaining, but what movie critics have to understand is that they lack every single great aspect of the most legendary movies ever made, almost all of which are on this list. If you strongly believe that another Action, Adventure, or Comedy movie should be on this list, please understand that I have a "top 20 movies" list for every genre of film. I recommend that you check out these other lists, and understand why some of your favorite movies did not make the cut for this list. 
for more click here